An Investigation into the Road Interactions Experienced by Bicycle Food Delivery Riders with Other Road Users
O. Oviedo-Trespalacios, L. Martinez-Buelvas, N. HaworthConference room
- The gig economy and COVID-19 have led to a surge in bicycle food delivery riders (BFDRs) globally.
- BFDRs face challenges with car drivers, including lack of acknowledgment, intimidation, and physical/sexual harassment.
- Interactions with pedestrians involve difficulties navigating footpaths due to distractions and occasional hostility.
- E-scooter riders are unpredictable, posing safety hazards, while interactions with motorcyclists and cyclists are generally unproblematic.
- Improved infrastructure, communication channels, and awareness can enhance BFDRs' safety and promote cooperation on the road.
Wed 23:44 - 00:00