Analysis of cyclists’ safety on “bicycle streets” in four large Dutch municipalities: A crash risk and conflict study
M.J.M. Odijk, M. Nabavi Niaki, M.B. Ulak, K.T. GeursNews room
- A comparison of traffic safety of bicycle streets and other bicycle facilities using crash cost rate is made.
- Tobit regression models show that the crash cost rates on bicycle streets are highest.
- The conducted conflict study gives more insight into how and why unsafe events on bicycle streets occur.
- Conflict frequencies are highest on bicycle streets with high bicycle volumes and very low motor vehicle volumes.
- Bicycle pairs and motor vehicles are nine times more likely to be involved in a conflict on bicycle streets than single cyclists.
Wed 23:43 - 00:00