Mental workload of cyclists in different urban road layouts : towards a study with a bicycle simulator
K. Li, S. Saudrais, L. Desire, B. Barbedette, C. MorelConference room
- The mental workload of cyclists in an immersive virtual reality environment was studied.
- Participants used a bicycle simulator to ride across different road layouts.
- Mental workload assessment relied on a subjective scale, the performance to a secondary task and eye-tracking measures.
- Most participants performed differently on the different road layouts.
- The bicycle simulator is a promising tool for assessing road layouts.
Wed 23:45 - 00:00