Why (e-)cyclists don’t wear high-visibility vests. Comparison between Doers and Non-Doers
A. Uhr, P. HertachConference room
- A survey was conducted among (e-)cyclists to identify barriers that prevent them from wearing a high-visibility vest.
- The most important reason for not wearing hi-vis vests is the fact that people have never thought about it.
- Respondents considered hi-vis vests to be useful mainly in twilight/darkness, less so in daylight.
- Generally, hi-vis vests are seen as something rather cumbersome (e.g. time consuming to put on, cumbersome to take along).
- The comparison between Doers and Non-Doers revealed several differences between the two groups.
Wed 23:43 - 00:00